What's the Appeal?
If you're in the process of selling your home or you're thinking
about upgrading, you may have heard of ‘curb appeal'. So what is
the big deal about curb appeal?
Many buyers will decide on whether to look inside or not based
on what they see on the outside. How your home looks from the
outside plays a big roll in a potential buyer choosing to come
inside or not.
Next time you come home, stop outside and take a look at your
home from across the street.
- What is your first impression?
- Can you enhance the best exterior features? Landscaping, lighting, etc.?
- How can you improve the worst exterior features?
Here are a few tips to help you improve the curb appeal of your home.
- Get rid of mold, moss and mildew on sidewalks, stairs, roof and driveway.
- Make sure windows are clean.
- If you have dirty siding or decks, clean them with a pressure washer.
- Mow the lawn on a regular basis.
- Edge along flowerbeds and pathways.
- Use lighting to enhance the home's appearance after dusk.
These are just a few of the most common things that you can take
care of yourself. If you have the budget and your home could use it
– a fresh paint job can really pay off. The most common curb
appeal advice is to paint your home. If you can fit it in to the
budget, buyers will notice it and appraisers are likely to value it.
No matter what your budget, there are things you can do to make
you home more appealing to potential buyers. Good luck!