Tips for this Summer
Here are some helpful reminders to help you and the family make the most of this summer.
Drink Plenty of Water
Water is key to staying vibrant and healthy. It is critical that you and the family stay hydrated—especially on hot summer days. Note: Make sure the kids are getting enough water too. Sometimes the default drinks, like sodas and sugary drinks are just too at hand for kids. Because kids are more active than adults, they can easily become dehydrated.
Tips for increasing water intake:
- Ensure everyone has their own water bottles—especially important during these pandemic times.
- Provide lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to snack on. Not only will these snacks provide some hydration value, they're full of fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- Switch it up and give the family special treats like a fruit smoothie.
Don’t Forget the Sunscreen
This is one of the most important parts of keeping the family healthy and happy this summer. Sunscreen helps to keep you and your family safe from sunburn, and even heat exhaustion.
Keep in mind:
- Apply the sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside
- Use an UVA & UVB blocking sunscreen—SPF of at least 15
- Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours—more if you and the kids are playing in water
- Just because it might be cloudy, don’t forget to use sunscreen—UVA rays can still cause damage through the clouds