Getting Ready for
It feels like we’re just getting back into the groove with the change of seasons from summer to fall. The kids are back to school. Halloween has come and gone...and we’re talking about Christmas already?
Here are 5 tips that can help you get ready for Christmas, and help you enjoy this amazing time of year.
- Prepare a budget. How much you’re willing and able to spend. Include not just the gifts, but also food, decorations, travel, etc.
- Open up your calendar and start filling it in. Pay attention to everything from parties, to school events, family gatherings — event visits to the doctor. This is going to be really helpful when you start planning for the added tasks of preparing for Christmas.
- Who’s coming? Map out logistics like who’s hosting what, when and where. If your family is larger you might have a couple of different events like dinner on Christmas day. Don't forget to send out the invitations so everyone can plan ahead.
- Are there foods that you can prepare in advance? With some dishes, such as gravy and stuffing, you can cook it now, and freeze so that all you need to do on Christmas Day is defrost and reheat!
- There’s no time like the present! Maybe one of the most impactful tips you can use to help make the most of the season. Start buying presents early. It will help you manage not just your budget, but also your overall wellbeing during this often action-packed time of year.
Christmas will come fast now — it pays
off to be prepared. Preparation is half
the victory — a quote very appropriate
for this festive season.