Here are two basic principles to a healthier life.
Eat nutritiously. This is the most valuable thing you
can do to improve your health. Healthy eating increases your energy and feeling of well-being.
Simple strategies for eating healthier:
- Check nutritional facts on food labels and choose foods lower in sodium, fat, and sugar.
- Eat a wide selection of fresh vegetables - keep it colourful.
- Now and again eat fish in place of red meat.
Keep moving. Physical activity significantly improves
the quality of your health, and it also improves your sleeping.
Everyday activities for improving health:
- Light: 60 minutes a day of easy walking, gardening, stretching or yoga.
- Moderate: 30 – 60 minutes a day of brisk walking, bike riding, swimming or dancing.
- Vigorous: 20 – 30 minutes a day of jogging, hiking, soccer or weight lifting.
A balanced diet and regular physical activity are the keys to obtaining and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. There are other benefits to maintaining a proper diet
and regular physical activity:
- Increased energy
- More restful sleep
- Healthier skin
- Stronger immune system
Eat right, keep fit. Your overall happiness is directly linked to your overall health. Life is much more enjoyable when we feel good. This summer, eat healthy, get outside and discover what wonders await!