Time for Trick or Treat
Halloween can be a fun time for the family to enjoy together and especially if you have little ones to dress up. The family at Capital Direct want you to enjoy the celebrations and to be safe. Here are a few safety tips to make sure you have fun and stay safe while trick or treating.
- Adult supervision is a must with younger children. It's great if you can go with neighbours or friends because then there are other adults to share in the supervision.
- With older children that might want to go out with friends, make sure that you know where they plan to go and set a check-in time.
- Make sure that your little monsters are highly visible. A little bit of reflective tape will help increase visibility, especially around dusk. Bringing a flashlight is a great idea.
- Plan your costumes well in advance to avoid a mad rush at the last minute. This can be a really enjoyable activity for your children.
- Get the whole family involved in decorating. You use black and orange craft paper and cut out scary shapes like bats and spiders.
- Make sure to inspect your child's haul of treats. This also allows you to take inventory and ration out the sweets.
- This can be an evening with lots of fun and memories to be made. Celebrate safely – Happy Halloween!