Survey of Mortgage
Rates last updated: 2023-09-28
|6 mnth||1 YR||2 YR||3 YR||4 YR||5 YR|
|Bank Posted Rates - BNS||7.75%||7.84%||7.44%||7.04%||6.84%||6.84%|
|Lowest wholesale rates available through Capital Direct||7.55%||7.54%||7.09%||6.71%||6.49%||6.34%|
|Bank Prime Rate 7.35%|
- Amortizations may range from 5-25 years.
- Amortizations up to 25 years are available.
- High Ratio Mortgage insurance from CMHC or Genworth may be required by the funding instituition.
- Mortgagors may be required to pay legal, title and valuation services and insurance as determined by the financial institution.
- Any additional amounts for said required services will affect the effective equivalent rates upward.
- Stated rates are subject to conventional approval requirements, property types and lending areas.
- Rates fluctuate and may differ temporarily from institutions Prime until adjusted monthly to reflect the latest change in institutions Prime.
- Rates are subject to change without notice at any time.
- Rates are fixed unless otherwise stated as variable. Mortgages are locked in for the term stated.
- Mortgages may be subject to early repayment penalties or interest rate differentials.
- Applicable to new deals only. Rates can be changed or withdrawn at any time.
- Rate commitment period is available for up to 90 or 120 days from the date of application.